This article was first published on: Litecoin Project - Medium --
This is an important update corresponding with Bitcoin v0.9.3. Everyone is strongly advised to upgrade. Miners must upgrade to v0.8.7.4+ which enforces block version 2 by height710k or risk having their blocks discarded.
- Enforce v2 blocks at height 710000 on mainnet, 400000 on testnet
- All miners must upgrade prior to this point or they run the risk of losing future block rewards.
- Add `-maxorphantx=` option for control over the maximum orphan transactions and blocks
- Don’t poll showmyip.com, it doesn’t exist anymore
- Mac and Windows Official Gitian Builds: upgrade to openssl-1.0.1h for CVE-2014–0224
- Linux Gitian build uses Lucid 0.9.8k-7ubuntu8.18
- Mac and Windows: upgrade to openssl-1.0.1g for CVE-2014–0160
- All past Linux binaries were not vulnerable due to Lucid’s openssl-0.9.8k.
- Upgrade openssl, qt, miniupnpc, zlib, libpng, qrencode.
- Many bug fixes from Bitcoin 0.8.7rc stable branch includ...
This content is synced from the rightful owners. Copyright on text and images belong to the original source. -- This article was first published on: Litecoin Project - Medium