This article was first published on: Litecoin Project - Medium --
We are pleased to release Litecoin Core 0.13.2, a major release featuring many protocol level improvements, code optimizations, the ability to roll out several soft forks at once and the greatly anticipated segregated witness (segwit) innovation. Some of the most notable features include:
- Segregated Witness — to allow for greater transaction output and mitigation of transaction malleability.
- Hierarchical Deterministic wallets — Litecoin Core will support hierarchical deterministic wallets also known as HD wallets.
- Faster signature validation using the libsecp256k library developed by Bitcoin Core developers.
- Wallet pruning to reduce block size storage.
- Memory usage improvements including better mempool filtering of transactions.
- Inbuilt Tor control socket API support if Tor is running and also stream isolation for Tor communication.
- Functionality to reduce upload traffic.
- ZMQ support — ZeroMQ is a high performance asynchronous messagin...
This content is synced from the rightful owners. Copyright on text and images belong to the original source. -- This article was first published on: Litecoin Project - Medium